Tuesday, February 10

I Miss Him

I miss him

The very first man in my life....my Dad.
The last few days was a challenge for me, I am out of sight, and out of sync.
I just need to prove to myself that I am okay, and that whatever happens I will pull through.

I started to miss him again, whenever I am in the sala, where we use to be such a couch potato, he is the only person I know who will endure my company when we watch TV till the cable load will ran out, we never get tired watching TV< watching boxing with him is heaven! I never mind paying pay per view on all Pacquiao's fight. Today watching TV is a distress, two days ago, I was sitting where he usually sits when he watch TV, and then I started to burst out, it's not the same way, it is just like watching TV for no apparent reason at all...

A while ago, we ate sphagetti, for no reason at all, and we talked about him again, I am fond of eating because eating with my Dad's company is an art, you will hear how he utters how delicious it is to eat...seeing him that way is so much fun, my Dad is so hard to please but whenever we have siomai, wanton, egg rolls, anything edible that we bring him, is so much appreciated, I miss those days where in he is so much excited opening it up, and eating it with pleasure..

Several times my mom will tell me, how my Dad trusts me so much and how hopeful he is about my plans for the future, it's just a shame that am not believing in myself. I have several times as well quit on my ordeal, and I usually don't appreciate the littlest things that should boost my being. I failed to notice those, but I finally realize why he doesn't tell me anything about it...He wants me to learn all those, my own way.

I am just thankful of how my Dad had become, and how well we have become as well. You see, My Dad, came from a very poor family from Mindoro, and he was not even a college graduate, yet he managed to put all his 5 children to college, all graduates. He is indeed a man of service, I even remember when I mentioned on his necrological service on the last night of the wake, my Dad needed to retire soon as he was diagnosed of having diabetes on his thirteenth year in the Middle East, we had a jeepney and drivers to work for us to sustain our daily needs, yet he still drives the commuter jeepney that we have at night so that we can have baon, he managed to also have apartments for rent based in Manila that supported our needs those times. These things made me realize that not being well educated, or not being well off can stop you from dreaming when you know you need to dream for your family.

I am so proud of my Dad, though he seems so snobbish and strict, I was able to see his true colors, he was just like that, as distinct as I am. But I loved him for those imperfections and flaws.

I wanted to do something for my Dad and I was attempting to do this several times, I just don't have the right song tuned with this, until I heard Avril Lavigne's song, and the lyrics was just so perfect!

Na na, na na na, na na
I miss you, miss you so bad
I don't forget you, oh it's so sad
I hope you can hear me
I remember it clearly

The day you slipped away
Was the day I found it won't be the same
Ooooh

Na na na na na na na

I didn't get around to kiss you
Goodbye on the hand
I wish that I could see you again
I know that I can't

Oooooh
I hope you can hear me cause I remember it clearly

The day you slipped away
Was the day I found it won't be the same
Ooooh

I had my wake up
Won't you wake up
I keep asking why
And I can't take it
It wasn't fake
It happened, you passed by

Now you are gone, now you are gone
There you go, there you go
Somewhere I can't bring you back
Now you are gone, now you are gone
There you go, there you go,
Somewhere your not coming back

The day you slipped away
Was the day i found it won't be the same noo..
The day you slipped away
Was the day that i found it won't be the same oooh...

Na na, na na na, na na
I miss you

-Slipped Away by Avril Lavigne

Am getting sentimental again I know, but it's natural..I guess, I know we will never get over the fact that he died when we are not so ready, I was about to get ready to face it but the memories I had with him makes it harder.

As a tribute to a great husband and a wacky/sometimes hard to deal with yet so sweet, great cook, spoiler,hardworker, food ethusiast, encourager, great disciplinarian, and a Dad that I will never dare compare to anyone coz he is just so unique, am now presenting you, my simple thank you, I know nothing will edge what you have done to your 5 kids, and to Mom, you have been a great Dad..I so miss you...I will see you again

I love you..always has, and I will always will.




RIP
Jacob S. Vitto

Miss you Popsy!!

No comments: