Friday, February 20

Chasing Pavements

I keep on playing Chasing Pavements on the computer, aside form the fact that the singer Adele, won in the Grammys, it again made me like the song, it has been one of my fave last year, well in a way, it brought back again the memories, it coincidentally was the song beaming on the radio, when my ex came back from the States last year, even blogged about the song and how I felt (you can view it here) thus again nakakarelate.

Due to this senti mode again, I tried to find out what is the meaning behind the song; ain't it strange, chasing pavements? Chasing, well, literally means, to run after, to look after, pero pavement? Have no idea why she put the pavements, heheh...anyways, I googled the song and according to some, these are the meanings :

Slang term used for the act of specifically searching for a partner with whom to engage in either rimming, frosting or other scat related activities. The term 'pavements' is used as a euphemism for buttocks.


Huwaat! Chasing buttocks? Hehehe..but actually Adele said naman that....

While in some sects it carries that meaning, in the song by the British artist Adele, it most definitely has NO sexual meaning of any kind. Because of the incorrectly assigned meaning, some stations have pulled the song from the air but Adele herself has stated that the song has a much more deeper meaning:

"Some weirdo on the Net wrote that 'Chasing Pavements' was about being gay, which isn't true at all," [Adele] said.

"Because of that some radio stations in the States wouldn't play it. The guy wrote it on Urban Dictionary, which I've used for years, and 'chasing pavements' was never on there before.[...]

The song "Chasing Pavements" refers to an incident that occurred at 6AM one day after a fight with that person during which Adele was running down the street alone. She thought to herself "What you're chasing is you're chasing an empty pavement."

(Article used from digitalspy.co.uk)

Relieved that it's not about getting gaga over some buttocks ehehe...

Well, again nakakarelate nanaman ako, but actually am not chasing after him ano, it's just I thought after the gf found out that he is cheating..akala ko end of it..am not happy about it, in a way, I felt sorry that he is doing it again, but again I found out, they ironed things, like heyy, the gurl does love her and no matter how much he is fooling aorund, she is much willing to accept him.

Damn ang guapo nman nya, he is not breaking the habit...yet the gf does love her...

Before, me chasing him,him chasing her,no one is at my back..alone...

So, totally, not worth it.

But why is it still painful....ewan, sguro natapakan lang ego ko, or I still have a little piece of hope, or I just realized that the girl loves her more than I do...

Ewan.....

Ok, for the nth time, carino brutal....
Chasing pavements

Ive made up my mind
dont need to think it over
if im wrong i am right
dont need to look no further
this aint lust i know this is love

but if i tell the world
i'll never say enough
cos it was not said to you
and thats exactly what i need to do
if i end up with you

should i give up
or should i just keep chasing pavements
even if it leads no where,
or would it be a waste
even if i knew my place should i leave it there.
should i give up
or should i just keep chasing pavements
even if it leads nowhere

i build myself up
and fly around in circles
waiting as my heart drops
and my back begins to tingle
finally could this be it

or should i give up
or should i just keep chasing pavements
even if it leads no where,
or would it be a waste
even if i knew my place should i leave it there.
should i give up
or should i just keep chasing pavements
even if it leads nowhere

should i give up
or should i just keep chasing pavements
even if it leads no where,
or would it be a waste
even if i knew my place
should i leave it there

should i give up
or should i just keep chasing pavements
even if it leads nowhere

yeaaah ehh

should i give up
or should i just keep chasing pavements
even if it leads nowhere
or would it be a waste
even if i new my place should i leave it there

should i give up
or should i just keep on chasing pavements
should i just keep on chasing pavements

ooooohhh

should i give up
or should i just keep chasing pavements
even if it leads no where,
or would it be a waste
even if i knew my place
should i leave it there

should i give up
or should i just keep chasing pavements
even if it leads no where


even if it leads no where


Chasing Pavements - ADELE

No comments: